Re: [Condor-users] What makes a node execute node or not a execute node?

> in the condor_config file, there is a parameter called DAEMON_LIST.
> if you see the STARTD in this list, you can remove it, completely
> restart condor (including the condor_master), and the node will no
> longer be an execute node.
I edited condor_config_local to remove STARTD and it works.

> that said, i would also recommend NOT having your central manager be
> a submit node.  the reason is that by default, condor allows the
> central manager machine to issue administrator commands (like
> condor_off).  if you are using stronger user-based security instead
> of host-based, it can be safely set up that way, but i would
> otherwise discourage you from doing so.  any user who can log in to
> the submit machine could then turn off condor.  if this is a web
> portal and no one is logging in directly, or if you trust all your
> users, then you're okay.
Good to know. Is there any particular reason that executables under
condor/sbin being world executable? Can I just turn x bit off for users
other than root.

Thanks.

Junjun

--