Re: [Condor-users] closing queues

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006, Arnau Bria wrote:

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 12:01:37 -0600 (CST)
Steven Timm wrote:

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006, Michael Rusch wrote:
[...]

One way that we do it is to do condor_off -peaceful

on all the execute nodes.. then when they finish the job
that they are running they won't start anymore.

Yesterday night, with 30 jobs running and 0 in queue, I did condor_off
-peacefull in all WN, but this morning I found 78 running jobs and many
other in queue...

With condor_off -peaceful for new enough versions of condor,
the jobs will run to completion but no new ones will start, and
new ones will still be able to be submitted to the queue.
condor_off -graceful (the default) will kill all jobs after
a configurable timeout, by default 1/2 hour.

To block submissions the only way is to just kill the schedd
but this is not acceptable because then you have no track of when
the running jobs have finished.

There is no schedd setting as far as I know that will let it
keep on running the jobs that it is running but not take any more.
When I've asked before they always say that you have to do it on
the startd side.
Mmm... it's good to know it. Gonna look for other solution.

Steve,
Arnau