Re: [Condor-users] condor java setting in Windows XP

On 10/19/06, Guoli Wang <GL_Wang@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear all,

I'm try to configure condor's java setting in Windows XP, but I obviously did not do that well. Here is some info:

C:\condor_starter.exe –classad

 I set java entry to point to the JVM binary, and I also added the java/lib to java_classpath_default. Should I do something more?

BTW, the original condor_config set java = c:\Program Files\Java\bin\java.exe, but condor did not appreciate the space in the path, so I copy the java.exe to C:\condor\bin and condor can recognize it, but still gave above error message.

Any advices?

Thanks,

Guoli

Hi Guoli,

Incidentally I am having this same problem, but of slightly different nature. Two of my nodes in the pool are not being recognized with the condor_status -java command [and return the same "Could not create Java Virtual machine" error], however are recognized in the pool.

So I would suggest in order to solve the problem of submitting jobs in the Java universe, add quotation marks around your Java path name in the condor_config file [because Windows sometimes doesn't like spaces in file names]:

JAVA = "C:\Program Files\Java\bin\JAVA.EXE"

Alternatively, you can try the DOS shortcut for the path which can also work:

JAVA = C:\Progra~1\Java\bin\JAVA.EXE

Make sure your Path environment variables are also set in Windows too.

Good luck!

Emily