Re: [Condor-users] condor_store_cred add fails with no errors

Michael Rusch wrote:
Using condor 6.8.2 on Windows XP, when I try to do a condor_store_cred add,
it reports success, but then condor_store_cred query returns nothing for the
same user.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>condor_store_cred add
Account: condor@gel

Enter password:

Operation succeeded.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>condor_store_cred query
Account: condor@gel

No credential is stored.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

I'm trying to store credentials for the user I plan to specify in VM1_USER.
I thought maybe the add was succeeding and the query failing, but I can't
seem to run jobs as the user "condor", so it appears that the add is
failing.  Any ideas?

Doh! There appears to be a bug in the store_cred code. It surfaces when the user name for which you are trying to store the password is an initial substring of "condor_pool". When this is the case, condor_store_cred thinks you are trying to set the "pool password" for use with the password authentication method (see section 3.7.3.3 of the 6.8.2 Condor manual). In other words, condor_store_cred acts as though is was given the "-c" option.

As a temporary workaround before a fix for this problem is released, you'll need to change the name of the account that you wish to use for VMx_USER. For example, you could use an account name like "condor-run".

Greg