[Condor-users] Condor multiple pools

Hi,

We are setting up a cluster at our campus and since we've some experience
with condor we plan on using it. The machines which will join the cluster
are scattered throughout the building. Since there's not enough power /
network connections available to fit them into one room, it comes down to
small clusters of say 10 ~ 20 boxes, which have a connection to the
internal network via NAT.
At first we thought of creating seperate condor pools on all these
subclusters and then use job flocking. However, we'd like to have the
ability to use ALL machines for ONE big job. Job flocking can only migrate
it's job from one pool to another if I'm correct.
Condor glide-in looks a bit like overkill to me, since we'll then be
running condor within condor.
I've spend quite some time reading documentation and the only thing I
could come up with is using GCB to create one big pool. However, this
would severly affect the scalability. We might like to add an existing
cluster in the future and if we would be using GCB, the existing cluster's
configuration would have to be adapted to use GCB and join our pool.
I find it hard to believe I'm the only one who would like to join multiple
pools and still have the ability to have one job running over multiple
pools. I must be overlooking something, can someone give me a hint in de
right direction? I do understand condor is about HTC, and what I'm
requesting is actually a HPC kind of thing, but does this mean I will have
to go looking for something else instead of Condor?

Kind Regards,

Cor

--
A lie told often enough becomes the truth.

Lenin (1870 - 1924)