Re: [Condor-users] Job attribute based preemption

Thanks Dan for checking this. Maybe a little note could be put in the docs to summarize the "available" attributes.

Cheers,
Szabolcs

Yes. You may refer to PreemptingRank and CurrentRank in your MaxJobRetirementTime expression. This was never anticipated (and therefore never documented), but I just tested and confirmed that it works. Here's the expression I used in my test:

MaxJobRetirementTime = 3600 * ( MY.PreemptingRank =?= UNDEFINED || PreemptingRank < 600)

For PreemptingRank values less than 600, MaxJobRetirementTime is 3600. Otherwise, it becomes 0.