Re: [Condor-users] excluding systems from a job

You can do this by defining your own ClassAds for the systems to include or exclude. See section 4.1 of the manual on Condor's ClassAd Mechanism.

For example, on the systems that your app works on, define a ClassAd variable with a TRUE value, and for those that it does not work on, set that variable as FALSE. Then your submit job can check to see if that variable is TRUE as part of its requirements.

Tom

Huffman, John N wrote:
Is there a way to easily exclude a list of computers within a pool? We have a fairly large number of systems in our current pool, and we are finding that some of the system do not run certain code correctly. While it is easy to find these systems, the only way we have found to exclude them from being used is to add a (Machine != "name.of.machine") as a requirement. Since there may be 20-30 systems to exclude, this can get tedious.

Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks,

John