Re: [Condor-users] Windows 2000 Server + Condor

Hi Matt

It was not my intention to sound all-knowing and overconfident.
What I meant was that in the particular case of running windows server
on a P4HT hardware the overall system performance (responsiveness)
is likely to be higher with hyperthreading turned on.
Condor apps may not see the boost, but the OS itself and other,
non-condor services may.

Also we had a case when on the Xeon-based workstations running Linux
with SMP-aware kernel condor jobs were failing erroneously, when HT
was disabled. With HT on, everything works flawlessly with one
condor VM per node.

kind regards,

Andrey