Re: [Condor-users] priority groups and preemption

On Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 03:56:53PM +0100, Matt Hope wrote:

:Higher RANK (as in startd rank) currently guarantees preemption.

Ah, I was confused because there was nothing about RANK in the PEEMPT
macro.

I should probably RTFM on thsi one, but do jobs that have been
preempted previously have any protection against being preempted
again?  I'm wondering how to protect long running jobs (in the vanilla
universe) from being preempted and requeued in an infinite loop.
Presumably this is considered and likely a bit more reading will clear
it up...

Thanks for the clarification,
-Jon