Re: [Condor-users] Flocking

georgios skikos wrote:
Hi all,

Im trying to do flocking on VMware using condor 6.8.5. i followed the instructions which is on condor web page. All the deamons in both pc are running. I m using the command condor_submit -pool "name" -name "schedd" submitfile.sub" and the command: condor_submit -remote "name" -pool"name" submitfile.sub. The results are the same:

Submitting job(s)
ERROR: Failed to set Owner="Administrator" for job 42.0 (0)

ERROR: Failed to queue job.

Any ideas?

Without thinking hard about it, a quick idea:

Usually the above error happens when condor_submit tells the condor_schedd daemons "I am user X", but the condor_schedd authenticates the connection (via NTML/LanManager by default on Win32) and thinks that condor_submit is being run by user Y. Thus it throws an error cuz something fishy is going on.

Try adding the following to your job submit file:
   +Owner = UNDEFINED
and then submit the job again. This will tell the condor_schedd to set the owner to whoever it authenticates the connection as.

Another idea: don't run condor_submit as user "administrator" or "local system". Run it as a "normal user" (but one in the administrator group is ok). This "normal user" should have an account on both machines with the same login/password.

Hope the above helps,
Todd