Re: [Condor-users] Flocking

thanks john, i just made it work. i was looking in wrong direction!

From: "Kewley, J (John)" <j.kewley@xxxxxxxx>
To: "Condor-Users Mail List" <condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] Flocking
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 10:29:17 +0100

All I can suggest is that -pool and -remote are not normally used with Flocking. You send jobs to your local pool as normal and then condor may decide to hand over any
spare jobs it has to the other pool.

If you want to ensure that jobs run on the other pool, then for testing, try naming one of the remote machines in the submit REQUIREMENTS, then it can't run
in local pool, and should eventually flock to the other one (assuming all
other requirements are satisfied).

Trying to use -remote is something different to flocking and may require additional
security settings.

Cheers

JK