[Condor-users] combined submit host / central manager ?

Hi,

Until recently we've been using separate machines for the central manager
and submit host in our pool to share the load. Since we've now
invested in a SMP I'm wondering if these two functions could be combined
on the one machine.

I seem to remember reading that allowing users onto the central manager
with just IP authentication is a bad idea as all users can act as a condor
admin. Is this true ? Is there no way of enforcing security through the
usual unix permissions.

many thanks in advance,

-ian.

Dr Ian C. Smith