To: "Condor-Users Mail List" <condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2007 10:19 AM
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] how to set a whole domain's priority?

Hi Yu,

Although it is not perfect, the best solution I can think of to your
problem is a cron job. Quick hack of an example:

condor_userprio -allusers | awk '/@/{print $1} {}' | while read user
do
factor=1
case "$user" in
( *@domain1 ) factor=100 ;;
( *@domain2 ) factor=1000 ;;
esac
condor_userprio -setfactor $user $factor
done

In order to avoid having new users show up with a better priority than
they should have, you could use DEFAULT_PRIO_FACTOR and/or
REMOTE_PRIO_FACTOR to start everyone off with a very high factor, which
would then be adjusted by the cron job when it gets around to running.

--Dan

Yu Fu wrote:

Hi there,
How can I set priority of all users of a certain domain to a same
value? For example, I have a couple of domains: domain1, domain2,
domain3, I want to set the priority factor of all users in domain1 to
5, how can I do it? I know I can do it by "condor_userprio -setfactor
user1@domain1 <mailto:user1@domain1> 5" ..., but since there are
hundreds of users in each domain, this way needs to execute the
command hundreds of times and thus very annoying. Is there a better
way to do this?
Thanks,
Yu