Re: [Condor-users] Master scheduling Intervals for debugging

Ashley,
The problem you are having is a result of the settings for the negotiation cycle that Condor uses to match submittor's jobs with startds available to run them. You can use NEGOTIATOR_CYCLE_DELAY and NEGOTIATOR_INTERVAL to specify the mandatory wait time in between negotiation cycles, which defaults to 20 seconds I think, and the interval that negotiation cycles are started, which I think defaults to negotiate every 300 seconds.

condor_reschedule also works, but on large pools/busy schedulers, it doesn't necessarily make things more efficient. When new jobs are submitted, and equivalent reschedule generally occurs.

Hope this helps,
Jason

--

Jason A. Stowe

Cycle Computing, LLC
Enterprise Condor Management Tools and Condor Support
http://www.cyclecomputing.com