[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Condor-users] Submit files
- Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 14:33:50 -0000
- From: "Kewley, J \(John\)" <j.kewley@xxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Condor-users] Submit files
> I think you're out of luck - there's no way for a job ad to
> reference another job ad.
Yes, thinking on it more I realised that it wouldn't really be
> My best suggestion is to run it as a DAG of 10 jobs, split
> into 1 job and then 9 jobs that depend on the first job. Let
> the first job run on either Linux or Windows, and then have
> the post script or pre scripts set the requirements for the
> next 9 jobs to run on the same platform.
I considered that as one possibility. The others were:
* Run 10 on each. Then choose the first one that finishes
* Choose one architecture and send the 10 jobs there.
* Wrap 10 jobs into a single looping job and submit it to either
one or the other.
The exact details above were artificial, but I was speaking to
potential industrial users yesterday who raised the issue and I was
give a definitive answer, saying that I thought the best they could do
to choose one and go for that.