Re: [Condor-users] core file from job

Hi Ashutosh,

If you submit a job that is just a shell script like the following, what do you see?

#!/bin/sh
ulimit -c

In my tests, which are admittedly in 6.9.5, the core_size specified in the submit file correctly sets the core limit of the job.

--Dan

Ashutosh Mahajan wrote:

hi all,
i am seeing this problem in both condor version 6.8.2 and 6.8.6, vanilla
universe. i have a job that crashes often and creates a huge core dump. i
dont want the core. its too big. but condor creates it for me even when i
specify coresize = 0 in my submit file. if i look at the condor_history of
that job:

[asm4@clownfish condor]$ condor_history -l 5.0 | grep -i core
CoreSize = 0
JobCoreDumped = TRUE
JobCoreFileName = "/home/asm4/tmp/condor/core.5.0"
[asm4@clownfish condor]$ ulimit -S -c
0
[asm4@clownfish condor]$ ulimit -H -c
0

do i need to specify anything else or change condor configuration, so that
condor does not give me a core file? thanks

--
regards
Ashutosh Mahajan