Re: [Condor-users] condor x86 solaris binaries

On Tue, Jan 16, 2007 at 09:03:48PM +0100, Pascal Jermini wrote:
> I second that request!
>
> If the binaries are for Solaris 10 / x86, it would be even better (from
> my point of view, of course)! This would also allow a colleague of mine
> to test the "containers" facility found in Solaris 10 in conjunction
> with Condor....

There are no Solaris x86 binaries available that I know of. Earlier versions
of Condor used to be available for Solaris 7 and maybe even 8 on x86, but
when Sun "ended" Solaris/x86 we stopped porting Condor to it. I think the
last Solaris/x86 Condor was back in Condor 6.4.

When Sun brought Solaris x86 back, no one ever got around to bringing the
Condor port back. If someone has Solaris x86 binaries, they're either
running very old versions of Condor, have done the port themselves, or are
running the Linux binaries under the Linux emulation mode that Solaris has.
(And if they are running them under emulation, I'm surprised it works - Condor
looks in /proc for a number of things, which is why the Linux emulation of
FreeBSD is not sufficent to run Condor daemons, though the tools work fine)

-Erik