Re: [Condor-users] problem with the Windows client installer

Adam,

I've verified this problem with the 6.8.3 installer. We will address this for the upcoming 6.8.4 release. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Greg Quinn
Condor Team

Adam Bazinet wrote:
Dear Condor team,
Both the 6.8.2 and 6.8.3 installers seem not to function properly, at least to my understanding. When I tell the installer to "join an existing pool", well, it does so, but after the installation is complete it insists on running its own collector/negotiator daemons, when it's my understanding that it shouldn't. It's not really a fatal error, but it does clutter up the -real- central manager log with permission denied types of messages. Can someone confirm this behavior? I've been modifying the condor_config file by hand after the installation. Thanks,
Adam