[Condor-users] priority and negotiation

Hello,

We have a pool comprising several dedicated machines with different architectures and CPU number. Our pool will be used by several users with the same priority, that will be submitting single and parallel jobs with high frequency. We have some doubts about the management of users' priority and negotiation.

1) Concerning the PRIORITY_HALFLIFE, we need to know its default value and how to redefine it (syntax and file location).

2) Concerning priority calculation, it is said in the manual that the RUP varies with the number of resources used by a user u at time t. Does 1 resource = 1 CPU or 1 resource = 1 machine ? Does one 2-CPU parallel job count as 2 single processor jobs?

Thank you,

Sara Campos