[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Condor-users] priority and negotiation
- Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 12:00:01 +0100
- From: Sara Campos <scampos@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Condor-users] priority and negotiation
We have a pool comprising several dedicated machines with different
architectures and CPU number. Our pool will be used by several users
with the same priority, that will be submitting single and parallel
jobs with high frequency. We have some doubts about the management of
users' priority and negotiation.
1) Concerning the PRIORITY_HALFLIFE, we need to know its default value
and how to redefine it (syntax and file location).
2) Concerning priority calculation, it is said in the manual that the
RUP varies with the number of resources used by a user u at time t. Does
1 resource = 1 CPU or 1 resource = 1 machine ? Does one 2-CPU parallel
job count as 2 single processor jobs?