[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Condor-users] Condor package for OSCAR!
- Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 13:56:35 +0100
- From: Ian Cottam <ian.cottam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Condor-users] Condor package for OSCAR!
This would certainly be very useful to us here at MIB (part of The
University of Manchester). I would be happy to test.
Amit Vyas wrote:
I am developing a Condor package for OSCAR as part of Google
Summers of Code ,
For those who don't know OSCAR, "it is a software for installing and
managing Beowulf type HPC cluster , where it has one HeadNode and all
other client machines which are installed by headnode and required
softwares are installed onto them"
Condor package will provide condor installation/configuration to happen
on headnode and clients.
Since there are many advanced configuration condor can take through
condor_config I have settled down for most basic of it which can be
deployed and can make a cluster ready for condor jobs.
A look at  will tell Condor can be configured as follows on a Oscar
cluster( please know that /home is shared by all cluster machines)
1. Condor will install as manager and submit node at headnode
2. It will be installed as execute mode at all clients.
3. it will create a condor service to automatically start condor at reboot.
4. Can create condor user for cluster.
5. Change config file for Flocking to and from other pools( all client
nodes remain in private network generally)
6. Can also allow headnode to be a execute node(for small cluster, or
installation happens through rpms , and on all machines local-dir is
My intentions for this mail are to collect question,feedback,
suggestions, advices on this so that I can try to do some improvements
fro 1st release so that it can suit to large condor users/admins , and
can learn from experience condor users.
Condor-users mailing list
To unsubscribe, send a message to condor-users-request@xxxxxxxxxxx with a
You can also unsubscribe by visiting
The archives can be found at:
Information Systems Manager
Manchester Interdisciplinary Biocentre
The John Garside Building (Room G.002)
The University of Manchester
t: 0161 306 5198
m: 07856 849831