Re: [Condor-users] GetEnv issue when submitting a Job throughwebservices

Did I answer this earlier? condor_submit, when it sees GetEnv=True in a .sub file, does a bunch of work grabbing the environment and stuffing it into an attribute named Env. If you want to add to the environment your job will run in you need to set your own Env attribute, it won't be done automatically for you. So, make a name:Env type:String value:a=b;c=d etc attribute for your job. Oh, and be sure to use the right separator, ";" is just a guess on my part.

Best,

matt

On Jun 19, 2007, at 3:38 AM, Francois Bachmann wrote:

From the manual (http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.8.5/ index.html): > References to the Condor process's environment are allowed in the configuration files.
> Environment references use the ENV macro and are of the form:
>  $ENV(environment_variable_name)
> For example,
>  A = $ENV(HOME)
> binds A to the value of the HOME environment variable.
> Environment references are not currently used in standard Condor configurations.
> However, they can sometimes be useful in custom configurations.

Does this do the job ? I seem to recall that there were previous discussions of the env-plus-webservice problem in the group, try searching for it.

François