Re: [Condor-users] howto inject a classAd attribute?

On Tue June 19 2007, Wolf-Dieter Klotz wrote:
> Hi
> I want to extend my machine's classAd  with my own attribute, but I am
> not sure how to do this.
> Do I understand well to do the following?
> 1) I put a statement like
> WEIGHTED_RANK =  Mips/(LoadAvg + 0.3)
>  in my global condor.config file (or local condor_config.local file?)

You missed step 1.5:
Add WEIGHTED_RANK to STARTD_ATTRS (like this):
STARTD_ATTRS = WEIGHTED_RANK

For more details, see 3.3.5 DaemonCore Configuration File Entries in the
Condor Manual.

> 2) make a:
> condor_reconfig [-master]
> 3) make:
> condor_status -l my_host
> and should see WEIGHTED_RANK in the machine's classAd?
>
> I tried it but it does not work like that? (unless I did something wrong)!
> Over
> WD Klotz

Hope this helps!

-Nick

--
           <<< It's the question that drives us. >>>
 /`-_    Nicholas R. LeRoy               The Condor Project