Re: [Condor-users] Writing to HKEY_CURRENT_USER when running jobs on Windows

Hi Ian:

You are correct in that Condor can run under specific accounts; however,
currently, Condor does not load profiles for these accounts.  What this
means is that the HKEY_CURRENT_USER is also not loaded, which is why you're
writes have been failing.

As an alternative to granting full administrative permissions to the Condor
user, you might consider adding a new sub-key to the
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Condor" key (or a place of your choice).  Then,
using regedit (or regedt32 on Win2K/XP--MS seems to have finally integrated
them into one in Vista) set the registry key's access permissions such that
the Condor user can have the access to it you wanted (by right clicking on
it and selecting "Permissions..."--this can also be done remotely and can
also be automated, in case you have more machines that you care to do by
hand).  Finally, you can use the scheduler to remove the data once it is not
needed (via some expire date key, or the like).

Regards,
-B