From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Todd Tannenbaum
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2007 3:17 PM
To: Condor-Users Mail List
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] winn51 vs winn52

Richardson, Joshua wrote:

> I have just added another computer to my cluster. It has 8 processors,

> but I only want to allow 4 to be used and dedicated to Condor. Is
there
> a way I can do this?

Put in the condor_config.local for that machine

   NUM_CPUS = 4

and then restart (or reconfig?) Condor on that machine.
> As well, the computer I added is a winn52. The rest
> are winn51. What is the difference and how do I submit jobs to both at

> the same time. Right now, when I submit jobs they go to all the other
> computers but not the winn52. Thanks for any input that I receive in
> advance.

If you don't think you will ever care about the difference, you could
just over-ride the opsys setting by placing in that machine's
condor_config.local

    OPSYS = WINNT51

and then reconfig or restart.

Alternatively, when you submit you could put in the job submit file
something like:
    Requirements = opsys=="winnt51" || opsys=="winnt52"

hope this helps,
Todd