Re: [Condor-users] windows environment questions

On 3/16/07, Matt Hope <matthew.hope@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 3/15/07, Kevin Owen <kjvowen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running condor on a small group of Windows XP machines, with a RHEL
> 4 central manager/submitter.  The problem is that when jobs run on the
> windows machines, they don't load the system environment.  So far the
> only thing I can do is set the variables I need in the submit file.
>
> I looked into how the jobs are running, and they seem to run under the
> user IS\condor-reuse-vm1, a user created (I assume) by the condor msi.
> This user has no profile (there is no folder for it in Documents and
> Settings, nor does it show up in sysdm.cpl under user profiles).
> Furthermore, it is not a member of the group NT AUTHORITY\INTERACTIVE.
> Is it possible that this is causing it to load the incorrect
> environment?  And if so, will adding condor-reuse-vm1 to this group
> cause any problems with condor?

Totally forgetting I can use 6.8 things now...

STARTER_JOB_ENVIRONMENT allows you to configure fixed values.
If you just want to inherit directlly you can use
JOB_INHERITS_STARTER_ENVIRONMENT

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.8/3_3Configuration.html#12367
explains in more detail.

Matt