[Condor-users] matlab on CONDOR

Dear Condor users,

Condor is new to me, and I am wondering if there is anyone using Condor to speed up matlab projects. From a quick look at some of the documentation, it seems like matlab jobs cannot be stopped and moved between machines using checkpoint because the software is proprietary. Is that true? If so, what are the benefits of using condor for matlab? Also, would it be better to have it running on a group of windows machines running matlab, or Red Hat Linux machines running matlab (or some combination)?

Thanks in advance for any info,
Brian