Re: [Condor-users] condor's calculated memory vs image size of jobs in queue

Hi,

I haven't tried it, but for OpenMP you can have in the requirements the number of CPU (Ex: (Cpus == 2)). Otherwise, you could make a script that detect the number of cpu and the charge and use as many cpu as it could. Condor should detect that the machine have a too high load to start new job on it.

This is more a hack then a good behavior, meaby a better solution would be to make a preference for more CPU and to pass the number of CPU affected to the job as we can do for Arch

Hope this help

Frederic Bastien
Alan Cass wrote:
Dynamic resource repartitioning is something I would also like to see. With all new machines entering our cluster being dual-core it would be nice to allow users the opportunity to gain access to an entire machine for OpenMP jobs and/or large RAM usage, particularly since the cluster is Windows and MPI is not an option.

Alan

On 17/05/07, *Steffen Grunewald* <steffen.grunewald@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:steffen.grunewald@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 12:13:53PM -0700, Stuart Anderson wrote:
     > Paul,
     >       This looks like it might be a problem with the automatic
    job clustering.
     > As a test you might try enabling NEGOTIATE_ALL_JOBS_IN_CLUSTER to
    see if that
     > solves the problem before digging deeper.

    In addition to this, you might consider setting a RESERVED_MEMORY
    (or the like,
    don't have the manual at hand) of -256M (yes, negative) to allow the
    job to
    run into swap but get a chance to complete.

    This leads me to repeat my request for "dynamic resource
    repartitioning" on
    SMP machines: if there are idle boxen which together would amount
    for enough
    memory etc. it should be possible to temporarily close one of the
    vms and
    use its resources for the one one(s).

    Steffen

    --
    Steffen Grunewald * MPI Grav.Phys.(AEI) * Am Mühlenberg 1, D-14476
    Potsdam

    The archives can be found at either
    http://www.opencondor.org/spaces/viewmailarchive.action?key=CONDOR