[Condor-users] DaemonCore: PERMISSION DENIED to unknown user from host...

I'm installing Condor (condor-6.6.10-winnt50-x86.exe) on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition, and I encountered an issue where after all the setup is complete, and I do a "condor_status", but NOTHING comes up (just get the prompt back).  I'm setting the machine as an "execute" machine only, it can't submit jobs.  I've used the SAME EXACT setup procedure on other machines (some workstations running on WinXP Pro, some servers running on Server 2003), and they all worked fine, so the procedure/condor_config file should be correct.  Also re-installed a few times, and restarted the machine, nothing worked.

I looked into the newly installed machine's log files (MASTERLOG & STARTLOG), nothing out of the ordinary.  But when I checked the COLLECTORLOG on the Central Manager, I saw the error messages below:  (the IP addr matches exactly to the newly setup machine)

5/24 15:09:37 DaemonCore: PERMISSION DENIED to unknown user from host <xx.xx.xxx.x:1287> for command 2 (UPDATE_MASTER_AD)
5/24 15:09:45 DaemonCore: PERMISSION DENIED to unknown user from host <xx.xx.xxx.x:1288> for command 0 (UPDATE_STARTD_AD)
5/24 15:09:46 DaemonCore: PERMISSION DENIED to unknown user from host <xx.xx.xxx.x:1289> for command 0 (UPDATE_STARTD_AD)
5/24 15:09:47 DaemonCore: PERMISSION DENIED to unknown user from host <xx.xx.xxx.x:1290> for command 0 (UPDATE_STARTD_AD)
5/24 15:09:48 DaemonCore: PERMISSION DENIED to unknown user from host <xx.xx.xxx.x:1291> for command 0 (UPDATE_STARTD_AD)
Another hint of problem... I looked under admin tools and local user groups (which is where the dynamically created condor-reuse-vmX accts should reside), and what do you know?  They're NOT there!  I don't see ANY condor-reuse-vmX accts...

Could somebody shed some light on this issue, and suggest what I should do next in terms of debug techniques?  Why didn't the Condor installation process (which I ran several times, after clean un-install) create the necessary condor-reuse-vmX accts.?

Thanks!

John

Catch suspicious messages before you open them?with Windows Live Hotmail.