Re: [Condor-users] USE_VISIBLE_DESKTOP stops working after a while

Hi Ian,

> We've been trying to use the USE_VISIBLE_DESKTOP setting to run our GUI
> tests. Works well up to a point. After a while Condor starts to complain
> that it can no longer get a visible desktop and runs the job without it.

This is a long shot, but it might be Remote Desktop causing the trouble.
When someone logs in to a machine using Remote Desktop it locks down or
disables other login sessions that are currently running. This might
affect Condor, depending on how it interacts with the "visible desktop"
login session.

Tony Rippy
Cycle Computing, LLC
http://www.cyclecomputing.com