Re: [Condor-users] USE_VISIBLE_DESKTOP stops working after a while

> Hi Ian,
>
>> We've been trying to use the USE_VISIBLE_DESKTOP setting to run our
GUI
>> tests. Works well up to a point. After a while Condor starts to
complain
>> that it can no longer get a visible desktop and runs the job without
it.

> This is a long shot, but it might be Remote Desktop causing the
trouble.
> When someone logs in to a machine using Remote Desktop it locks down
or
> disables other login sessions that are currently running. This might
> affect Condor, depending on how it interacts with the "visible
desktop"
> login session.

Tony: good idea. This could be close to the problem. We don't enable
Windows Terminal Services on these machines. But we do keep them logged
in as a domain user that's been given Administrator access to the box
and check on their GUI sessions with VNC. I'll see if logging the
machine out has any effect (although then there wouldn't be a visible
desktop to use which might not work).

Has anyone used USE_VISIBLE_DESKTOP for an appreciable amount of
time/jobs on a single machine? Say a week or so?

- Ian