Re: [Condor-users] Condor and diskless beowulf cluster

I'm aware of a cluster here at Fermilab that has 500 nodes all
sharing the same set of condor binaries via NFS.  The tradeoff
is that if the network goes away for any significant length of time
or is down when the machines get power cycled, condor doesn't start
right and you have to go back and start it manually. But it does
make upgrades faster.  I don't like the technique myself but
the admins that do it that way swear by it.

Steve Timm