Re: [Condor-users] birdbath dag submission

Mariette, Jerome wrote:

For the full path ... what should I use ? where the job is runing

You shouldn't need a full path at all unless you want Condor to write the out/err to a special place on the execute machine. Just give the file name. You do not need to (and should not) assume the layout of the machine your job might be run on.

that is kind of obscure to me as I sent the job to condor and then
don't know where condor is gonna write the file !! I'm sure I have

Condor will write the files to a location it manages and then bring them back for you (into a spool directory, use ListSpool/GetFile SOAP calls to access it).

the right to write here and the /home/jerome folder exist as it's my
home directory! Condor is runing job under jerome user so should be
allowed to write it here, right ?

Should, if the directory exists on all machines that might run your job. Generally you should not make assumptions about the machines that will run your job.

Sorry for my english on the last question ... my job execute a script
and the point is that this script is not executed until the end (I'm
sure the script works as if I run it throught command line it 's
working fine) ! the job is not runing not in Idle as well, there is a
C for the state of the job but no job is in the Queue !

C stands for "Completed" meaning your job has run and successfully (return code of 0) finished.

Best,

matt

What does it mean ??

thx

-----Original Message----- From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx on
behalf of Matthew Farrellee Sent: Fri 9/28/2007 1:08 PM To:
Condor-Users Mail List Subject: Re: [Condor-users] birdbath dag
submission

Kent had an interesting idea for submitting dag, why not submit condor_submit_dag instead of condor_dagman? It'd work if you can deal
 with parsing the output of condor_submit_dag to figure out the job
id of your condor_dagman job.

Mariette, Jerome wrote:
* Hi I kind of give up for now on DAGs but keep working on
submitting jobs throught java code so still need your help :) I
can't succed to make Condor write my out, err files !! and don't
know why: this is my code

ClassAdStructAttr[] extraAttributes = { new
ClassAdStructAttr("Out", ClassAdAttrType.value3,"/home/jerome/temp.out"), new ClassAdStructAttr("Err", ClassAdAttrType.value3,"/home/jerome/temp.err"), };

Is there a particular reason you are specifying a full path to these?
Do you know if the full path exists on the execute machine or if
Condor has permissions to write to it?

xact.submit(cluster, job, "jerome", UniverseType.VANILLA, "/home/jerome/aved/scripts/runAVEDworkflow-condor", "-i " + video + " -d " + AvedService.SCRATCH_DIR, null, extraAttributes, null); xact.commit();

moreover, the script I lunch throught that (because the job runs perfectly) is not executing until the end !! is that normal ?? when
I lunch my script by hand this one execute perfectly. I was
wondering if when opening connection throught Condor web service
there was some time deadline, like for this line:

I'm not sure I understand the question. Executing until the end of
what?

xact.begin(30);

not sure what it does mean?

Submission happens on an all or nothing basis. xact.begin(30) means
you are starting a transaction that will stay open as long as you
don't wait more than 30 seconds between operations within the
transaction.

Best,

matt

thx for your help, Jerome

-----Original Message----- From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
on behalf of R. Kent Wenger Sent: Thu 9/27/2007 9:11 AM To: