Re: [Condor-users] error compiling examples

Javier Forment Millet wrote:

I'm using g++ GNU C++ compiler version 4.1.2. Below I copy the error obtained
with the Xeon machine, after the messages from the correct compilation of the
example before (env.C). The messages obtained when compiling examples at
PentiumIII are almost identical.

Hi,

We've also recently deployed an Ubuntu 7.04-based distribution to our Condor worker nodes, and are seeing the same problem.

/usr/local/condor-6.8.6/lib/libcondorsyscall.a(condor_file_agent.o): In function
`CondorFileAgent::open(char const*, int, int)':
/home/condor/execute/dir_16805/userdir/src/condor_ckpt/condor_file_agent.C:99:
warning: the use of `tmpnam' is dangerous, better use `mkstemp'

This is some old code in the Condor standard universe library implementation, which though unsafe should probably still work. (This is a long-standing bug.)

/usr/local/condor-6.8.6/lib/libcondorsyscall.a(switches.o): In function
`__gets_chk':
/home/condor/execute/dir_16805/userdir/src/condor_syscall_lib/switches.remap-LINUX.h:435:
warning: the `gets' function is dangerous and should not be used.

Same as above.

/tmp/ccBTcYtj.o: In function `main':
fstream.C:(.text+0x248): undefined reference to `__stack_chk_fail'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [fstream.remote] Error 1

The Ubuntu GCC toolchain has -fstack-protection enabled by default in 7.04. This changes the ABI and prevents the code from linking against the Condor standard library.

For me, fstream.C becomes compilable again if you disable stack protection by adding the flag "-fno-stack-protector" to the g++/gcc command-line.

Cheers,
David
--
David McBride <dwm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Department of Computing, Imperial College, London