Re: [Condor-users] error compiling examples

> > I'm using g++ GNU C++ compiler version 4.1.2. Below I copy the error
> obtained
> > with the Xeon machine, after the messages from the correct compilation of
> the
> > example before (env.C). The messages obtained when compiling examples at
> > PentiumIII are almost identical.
>
> Hi,
>
> We've also recently deployed an Ubuntu 7.04-based distribution to our
> Condor worker nodes, and are seeing the same problem.
>

> > /tmp/ccBTcYtj.o: In function `main':
> > fstream.C:(.text+0x248): undefined reference to `__stack_chk_fail'
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> > make: *** [fstream.remote] Error 1
>
> The Ubuntu GCC toolchain has -fstack-protection enabled by default in
> 7.04.  This changes the ABI and prevents the code from linking against
> the Condor standard library.
>
> For me, fstream.C becomes compilable again if you disable stack
> protection by adding the flag "-fno-stack-protector" to the g++/gcc
> command-line.

How do I do that for ALL the programs to be compiled without having to go to
modify ALL the Makefiles?

Maybe writing a bash script named /usr/bin/gcc that contains just "gcc
-fno-stack-protector"?

For me, problem was fixed by using gcc-3.4 instead of gcc-4.0 (both installed,
with gcc as a link to gcc-3.4).

Is it worse than the solution you found?

I'm a biologist, so apologize if questions are too simple.

Thanks,

Javier.

--
Javier Forment Millet
Instituto de Biología Celular y Molecular de Plantas (IBMCP) CSIC-UPV