Re: [Condor-users] error compiling examples

> How do I do that for ALL the programs to be compiled without
> having to go to
> modify ALL the Makefiles?

You could maybe have commonly used declarations in a single file, then all
Makefiles include that one file.

> Maybe writing a bash script named /usr/bin/gcc that contains just "gcc
> -fno-stack-protector"?

You could set an environment variable called
CC (I think this works for gcc) and set it to "gcc -fno-stack-protector"

better still would be to set the correct GCC flags option, I am sure someone will
remember what it is.

> For me, problem was fixed by using gcc-3.4 instead of gcc-4.0
> (both installed,
> with gcc as a link to gcc-3.4).
>
> Is it worse than the solution you found?

You would hope that gcc-4.0 contains more efficient optimisations, but
if performance is OK then you have to decide whether it is "worse" for you.

> I'm a biologist, so apologize if questions are too simple.

I am a computer scientists, so I apologize if answers are too simple/complicated.

Cheers

JK