Re: [Condor-users] Results from DAGMan

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007, Atle Rudshaug wrote:

I am running a dagman script with 4 DAG nodes. It returns with code 0.
My problem is with the output files defined in the submit scripts. On
the submitting node I get output files for all jobs, but all are empty
but the ones for the jobs executed on this node. I have to go to the
other nodes to get the output from all the other jobs. Is there a way
to get the output back to the submitter? And if I have jobs that save
results to files (other than the standard output), how do I get those
results back to the submitting machine without manually copying them?
Do I need the programs to copy to NFS for this?

If I'm understanding your problem correctly, it doesn't have anything
to do with DAGMan.  You would probably have the same problem if you just
manually submitted your node jobs.

Anyhow -- it sounds like you need to use file transfer. See the appropriate section of the Condor manual:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.9/2_5Submitting_Job.html#SECTION00354000000000000000

(This tells how to use Condor's file transfer mechanism.)

Kent Wenger
Condor Team