Re: [Condor-users] excel on condor

> when I condor_submit this file, the job gets started on a
> selected machine. when I login on that machine I see the
> following;
>
>	- under task manager I see that excel.exe has started but
> is not eating up any cpu time.
>	- under c:\condor\execute\dir_###, I see a _condor_stderr
> file, the sdk2.xls and a condor_exec.bat (which is a copy of
> the jeff.bat file).

..snip..

> any words of wisdom on this?

Try setting:

USE_VISIBLE_DESKTOP = True

In the local configuration file on the machine. I think this might need
a full re-start of the startd on that machine to take effect. It might
be that Excel expects to find a visible desktop session in order to run
your macro, or maybe it's stuck with a prompt and waiting for a
response. At the very least you'll get to see Excel when the job runs on
the box and that might make debugging the problem a little easier.

- Ian

Confidentiality Notice.  This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution,
or copying of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error,
please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.