From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ian Chesal
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 15:15
To: Condor-Users Mail List
Cc: Purcell GS14 Daniel F
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] excel on condor

> when I condor_submit this file, the job gets started on a selected
> machine. when I login on that machine I see the following;
>
>	- under task manager I see that excel.exe has started but  is not
>eating up any cpu time.
>	- under c:\condor\execute\dir_###, I see a _condor_stderr  file, the

>sdk2.xls and a condor_exec.bat (which is a copy of  the jeff.bat file).

..snip..

> any words of wisdom on this?

Try setting:

USE_VISIBLE_DESKTOP = True

In the local configuration file on the machine. I think this might need a
full re-start of the startd on that machine to take effect. It might be that
Excel expects to find a visible desktop session in order to run your macro,
or maybe it's stuck with a prompt and waiting for a response. At the very
least you'll get to see Excel when the job runs on the box and that might
make debugging the problem a little easier.

- Ian

Confidentiality Notice.  This message may contain information that is
confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use,
disclosure, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message, or any
attachments, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in
error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message and
any attachments.  Thank you.