Re: [Condor-users] Network drive letter under Windows XP

> I am using condor under Windows XP. My files including the
> job descrition files are placed on a samba share that is
> mapped to a drive letter (S:). When I try to submit the job I
> get an error message:
>
> Submitting job(s)
> ERROR: Unable to get name of user associated with
> the following network path (err=2250):
> S:\wolfgang\MultiRate\40G_ODB_10G_NRZ\7x40G_ODB
>
> I found a similar post ("[condor-users] network-drives under
> Windows 2000"), and i checked the things mentioned there:
> - net use shows the mapped drive letter
> - dir works in this directory
>
> Unfortunately there is no further explanation given. So
> perhaps someone can help me?

Under what account are your jobs being run? The local condor-reuse-vmX
account, a fixed domain account or as the submitting user (via a
condor_credd daemon setup)? It looks like Samba is trying to match the
user account for the job against the user account for the file owner and
there's no mapping because it's a local account.

If you're using the condor-reuse-vmX accounts you can use a Samba passwd
file to map them to user accounts like nobody or guest on the Samba
server. Or you can tell Condor to run the jobs using accounts that are
in the domain or Samba passwd file already. Check back to Friday's
emails on the list. I had a conversation about how to set this up.

- Ian

Confidentiality Notice.  This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution,
or copying of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error,
please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.