Re: [Condor-users] Network drive letter under Windows XP

Ian, thanks for the reply!

Unfortunately I am not sure if this is actually the problem. The error mesaage already comes up when I try to submit the job, i.e. before the jobs are actually submitted to the cluster. The situation is like this:
The samba server also acts as PDC in the pool. I log on the windows machine with a windows domain account hosted by the samba server. All files needed for the job are placed in the folder on the network drive, including the job description file. The job description file contains the lines "should_transfer_files = YES" and "when_to_transfer_output = ON_EXIT". I open a command window (cmd), cd to the folder containing all files and type "condor_submit Job.txt". Then the error message occurs.

Thus, as the error message comes up when I try to submit the job, not when the job is actually executed, I don't think it has to do with the account under which the job should be executed in the executing machine.

Please coreect me if I am mistaken!

Best regards

Wolfgang

Nokia Siemens Networks GmbH & Co. KG
COO IPT DWDM R&D SDE
Otto-Hahn-Ring 6, 81730 München
Tel.: +49-89-636-43569
Fax: +49-89-636-51115
wolfgang.schairer@xxxxxxx

Nokia Siemens Networks GmbH & Co. KG - Sitz der Gesellschaft/ Registered office: München (Munich) - Registergericht /Commercial register: München (Munich), HRA 88537 - WEEE-Reg.-No. DE 52984304. Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin /General Partner: Nokia Siemens Networks Management GmbH - Geschäftsführer /Board of Directors: Joachim Malterer, Lydia Sommer- Sitz der Gesellschaft / Registered office: München (Munich) - Registergericht /Commercial register: München (Munich), HRB 163415