Re: [Condor-users] Condor birdbath problems

The NoSuchMethodError is usually an indication that you are trying to connect to an endpoint (e.g. http://localhost:9618) that does not implement the interface you are expecting (e.g. ...:9618 probably implements the Collector API, but not the Schedd).

If you want to query for a Schedd address you'll need to connect to a Collector (likely port 9618, the default). Once you get the Schedd address you need to make sure you connect to it and not the Collector again.

Best,

matt

Christopher Parker wrote:
Hi,

I have compiled the java files which I generated from the WDSLs for the
Schedd and the Collector by using Apache Axis 1.4. I have tried to use these
files to submit a job to condor and it worked, however, when I try to obtain
the address of the scheduler by using the collector, I got strange errors.
This prompted me to try the gr-wscondor jar provided by IBM. This fixed the
problem with getting the address of the scheduler. Now, when I try to submit
a file as I did when I compiled the files myself, I get the following error:

condor.ClassAdStructAndStatus.getClassAd()[Lcondor/ClassAdStructAttr;
        at birdbath.Transaction.submit(Transaction.java:127)
        at condor.main(condor.java:223)

Does anyone know how to fix this? I am using Java 1.5.0_08-b03 and as
mentioned already Axis 1.4 - the latest version. Also, when I compile using
the Axis jars some files are not created and hence not compiled. Am I using
the correct versions of Axis / Java or is this perhaps an OS specific error?

Christopher

Christopher Parker (BSc. Hons)
Department of Computer Science
High Performance Computing Laboratory