Re: [Condor-users] Webservice - how to assure that it is running?

Kornelius Nägele wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he said condor_status is supplying no output with or without arguments? That would be a problem elsewhere.

David

Good catch David!

You got me right!
After restart, now there is a output, so I think the schedd wasn't running.
Output BEGIN
C:\condor\bin\condor_status -schedd -constraint "HasSOAPInterface=?=TRUE"

Name                 Machine    TotalRunningJobs TotalIdleJobs TotalHeldJobs

WADC3412.domain.com WADC3412.d                0             0              0

                      TotalRunningJobs      TotalIdleJobs      TotalHeldJobs

               Total                 0                  0                  0
Output END

But I'm still not able to connect via SOAP. What would be the standard port where I can point the browser to, to see something like a SOAP response? (if that's possible?)

Because that Schedd shows in the list it will accept SOAP requests. There is no standard port. You can get the port from the MyAddress attribute from the Schedd's Ad.

Best,

matt

If your Schedd has the WS interface enabled and isn't publishing HasSOAPInterface=TRUE in its ad, you have found a bug.
Actually, I don't know if the interface is enabled, so ..

You can pump up the debug level on your schedd to something like D_FULLDEBUG and look at the top of the SchedLog to see if the WS (SOAP) interface is starting.

Best,

matt
...maybe that's a better way, if all else above fail.