Re: [Condor-users] Why does condor touch all logs/*Log files?

Hi Todd,

> Forgot to mention -
>
> I think the only downside of doing this is when a Condor daemon
> restarts, it won't have an accurate idea of how long it was down.  I
> believe this information is only used for logging purposes (for now).

I was just thinking about this the other day because it is a bit
annoying to do an "ls -l" and think that there is new file content.

Why not have the Condor daemons do a "chown" on the files, an obvious
no-op, but one that will change the file's ctime?  Then an "ls -l"
will show file activity, an "ls -lc" will show daemon activity, and
the Condor daemons can use the ctime for logging purposes.

--
Daniel K. Forrest	Laboratory for Molecular and
forrest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx	Computational Genomics