Re: [Condor-users] Java universe on WinXP, misconfigured?

I've found the problem.. turns out it's our own fault.

One of the things we change from a default Condor installation is that we restrict access to the Condor directory. Normally, this isn't a problem; Condor sets permissions for the working directory so the condor-reuse-slotx account associated with the job can read and write there. In the case of Java universe though, the condor-reuse-slotx accounts also need read access to the lib directory, because that's where CondorJavaWrapper.class is.. fixed it by making the lib directory world readable again.

Thanks for the help and apologies for wasting your time. Hopefully this will prevent someone else from repeating my mistake in the future. :)

Regards,

Rob de Graaf

Ben Burnett wrote:
I wonder if upgrading your copy of the JRE on the Windows machines will help. I've tried several combinations of the command line that fails for you in Condor, and as you found, they succeed for me too.

-B