[Condor-users] Startd and Master returning two different values for the same attribute

This is tripping me up. I have condor_master and condor_startd telling
me they're reading the attribute from the same place, but they're
returning two different values for it:

-bash-3.00$ /opt/condor/bin/condor_config_val AlteraPreferredGroup1
-verbose
AlteraPreferredGroup1: ace
  Defined in
'/tools/abc/condor/configs/machine/condor_config.PG-BS5450i-006', line
200.

-bash-3.00$ /opt/condor/bin/condor_config_val -startd
AlteraPreferredGroup1 -verbose
AlteraPreferredGroup1: sse
  Defined in
'/tools/abc/condor/configs/machine/condor_config.PG-BS5450i-006', line
200.

I've restarted Condor. Rebooted that box. Checked that file. The config
file, line 200, says:

AlteraPreferredGroup1 = ace

So the master is correct. What is up with that startd? I'm stumped (most
likely it's the hour...).

Warm regards,
- Ian

Confidentiality Notice.
This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution,  or copying  of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.