Re: [Condor-users] Need to change the condor mode from execute toonly submit jobs

Thanks Dave,

This should be sufficient.

Alex

From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David Watrous
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2008 10:42 AM
To: Condor-Users Mail List
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] Need to change the condor mode from execute toonly submit jobs

Hi Alex,

If you don't want to execute jobs on this machine, remove "STARTD" from the DAEMON_LIST parameter in your condor_config.  You can find this using: condor_config_val -verbose DAEMON_LIST

If you'd like to keep a startd running, but in the owner state so it doesn't run jobs, set:

START=False

SUSPEND=False

CONTINUE=False

WANT_SUSPEND=False

PREEMPT=True

KILL=True

Hope this helps, and good luck!

- Dave

--

David Watrous

main: 888.292.5320

Cycle Computing, LLC

Leader in Condor Grid Solutions

Enterprise Condor Support and Management Tools