[Condor-users] Windows configuration using msiexec

Hi,

I am new Condor user.

Below is the script I use to install the client on Windows XP Pro SP2.

1) It looks like some options are not taken into account, for example I
set POOLHOSTNAME name and it gets set in the config but when I set
JVMLOCATION to NONE, I still get the location of JVM on the PC in
condor_config (after installation).  It's a (minor) issue as I cannot
later reinstall Condor without killing some Java processes that use the
same JVM.

2) More important for me is to figure out a way to add
ADD_WINDOWS_FIREWALL_EXCEPTION=False at the end of the config file
(because of the "slow startup" bug) and/or install the windows service
but not start it (so that I can put my own custom config file) and issue
"net start condor" command. Is there a way to do that?

Michal

@echo on
set ARGS=
set ARGS=%ARGS% NEWPOOL=N
set ARGS=%ARGS% POOLNAME="GPS"
set ARGS=%ARGS% RUNJOBS=C
set ARGS=%ARGS% VACATEJOBS=Y
set ARGS=%ARGS% SUBMITJOBS=Y
set ARGS=%ARGS% CONDOREMAIL="...@..."
set ARGS=%ARGS% SMTPSERVER="my server"
set ARGS=%ARGS% HOSTALLOWREAD="*"
set ARGS=%ARGS% HOSTALLOWWRITE="*....."
set ARGS=%ARGS% HOSTALLOWADMINISTATOR="$(FULL_HOSTNAME), ....*....
set ARGS=%ARGS% INSTALLDIR="C:\Condor"
set ARGS=%ARGS% INSTALLDIR_NTS="C:\Condor"
set ARGS=%ARGS% POOLHOSTNAME="THEPOOL"
set ARGS=%ARGS% ACCOUNTINGDOMAIN="domain"
set ARGS=%ARGS% JVMLOCATION="C:\Windows\system32\java.exe"
set ARGS=%ARGS% STARTSERVICE="Y"
set ARGS=%ARGS% USEVMUNIVERSE="N"

msiexec /qb /l* condor-install-log.txt /i condor-7.0.5-winnt50-x86.msi
%ARGS%

Any information contained in or attached to this e-mail is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient(s), is confidential and may contain information that is legally privileged. If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the sender of the delivery error and then please delete and destroy all copies and attachments, and be advised that any review or dissemination of, or the taking of any action in reliance on, the information contained in or attached to this e-mail is expressly prohibited. See http://www.bankofamerica.com/emaildisclaimer (if this link is not clickable, please copy and paste the link into your browser address bar) for further important information on confidentiality, the risks inherent in electronic communication (including the possibility that e-mail messages cannot be guaranteed to be secure or free of errors or viruses), some of our policies regarding transactions and pricing and certain other matters.