Re: [Condor-users] Windows configuration using msiexec

Pasniewski, Michal wrote:
Hi, I am new Condor user. Below is the script I use to install the client on Windows XP Pro SP2.
1) It looks like some options are not taken into account, for example I
set POOLHOSTNAME name and it gets set in the config but when I set
JVMLOCATION to NONE,

Just a guess, but instead of NONE can you do the following in your batch script:

 set ARGS=%ARGS% JVMLOCATION=""

> and/or install the windows service
but not start it (so that I can put my own custom config file) and issue
"net start condor" command. Is there a way to do that?

Yes, change the following line in your batch file from

  set ARGS=%ARGS% STARTSERVICE="Y"

to be instead

  set ARGS=%ARGS% STARTSERVICE="N"

regards,
Todd

@echo on
set ARGS=
set ARGS=%ARGS% NEWPOOL=N
set ARGS=%ARGS% POOLNAME="GPS"
set ARGS=%ARGS% RUNJOBS=C
set ARGS=%ARGS% VACATEJOBS=Y
set ARGS=%ARGS% SUBMITJOBS=Y
set ARGS=%ARGS% CONDOREMAIL="...@..."
set ARGS=%ARGS% SMTPSERVER="my server"
set ARGS=%ARGS% HOSTALLOWREAD="*"
set ARGS=%ARGS% HOSTALLOWWRITE="*....."
set ARGS=%ARGS% HOSTALLOWADMINISTATOR="$(FULL_HOSTNAME), ....*....
set ARGS=%ARGS% INSTALLDIR="C:\Condor"
set ARGS=%ARGS% INSTALLDIR_NTS="C:\Condor"
set ARGS=%ARGS% POOLHOSTNAME="THEPOOL"
set ARGS=%ARGS% ACCOUNTINGDOMAIN="domain"
set ARGS=%ARGS% JVMLOCATION="C:\Windows\system32\java.exe"
set ARGS=%ARGS% STARTSERVICE="Y"
set ARGS=%ARGS% USEVMUNIVERSE="N"

msiexec /qb /l* condor-install-log.txt /i condor-7.0.5-winnt50-x86.msi
%ARGS%

--
Todd Tannenbaum                       University of Wisconsin-Madison
Condor Project Research               Department of Computer Sciences