Re: [Condor-users] condor_dagman -Condorlog in 7.2.0

On Fri, 26 Dec 2008, Dennis Box wrote:

While testing 7.2.0, I  discovered that the -Condorlog  parameter to
condor_dagman  has  disappeared.   We use this parameter to create a log
file which we find to be useful.   I haven't been able to figure out
from the new manual how to create this log file  with 7.2.0, can someone
suggest a workaround?

The -Condorlog parameter disappeared because it wasn't providing any
significant functionality. Condor_submit_dag was just setting -Condorlog to the log file of the first node in the DAG, so that file will still get generated without the -Condorlog flag. -Condorlog was basically a holdover from years ago when all of your node jobs needed to log to the same file, and you specified that file with the -Condorlog parameter.

Can you give us a little more info on what you were doing with this parameter? Were you changing the value in the .condor.sub files, or just looking for the file? If you're trying to monitor the overall state of the DAG, there are a number of other files that would be more useful.

Kent Wenger
Condor Team