From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Malcolm Wilkins
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 5:34 AM
To: condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Condor-users] VM Universe in Windows Condor 7.0.0: cannot run VM
universe jobs (no networking)

Hello Condor users,

I am trying to get up and running using a Windows-based 7.0.0 pool to run
VM-universe Condor jobs using VMServer.

Firstly, I assume that the VM image must itself have Condor installed in order
to run VM-universe jobs (is this correct?).

Secondly, even though I have specified

VM_NETWORKING = TRUE
VM_NETWORKING_TYPE = bridged
VMWARE_NETWORKING_TYPE = bridged

in the condor_vmgahp_config.vmware file, the copied virtual machine, when it
starts up on the physical host, does not seem to have an ethernet card device
(even though the original virtual machine does). The virtual machine starts up
OK, but in its MasterLog there is a warning message about using the loopback
address (presumably because the ethernet card device is absent). Checking the
.vmx file for the virtual machine shows there is no entry

Ethernet0.present = "TRUE"

So my question is, is the VM networking feature fully implemented in Windows
Condor, and if so, any idea what I might be doing wrong? any advice would be
gratefully received.

Malcolm